This qualification prepares learners for teaching in a wide range of contexts and does not require learners to be teaching. Achieving the qualification will provide sufficient evidence that an individual has acquired the necessary skills and knowledge to enable them to teach beyond an initial year in the FE sector.
LEVEL 3 AWARD IN PREPARING TO TEACH IN THE LIFELONG LEARNING SECTOR
1. ROLES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND RELATIONSHIPS IN LIFELONG LEARNING
2. UNDERSTANDING INCLUSIVE LEARNING AND TEACHING IN LIFELONG LEARNING
3. USING INCLUSIVE LEARNING AND TEACHING APPROACHES IN LIFELONG LEARNING
4. FACILITATE LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT IN GROUPS
5. FACILITATE LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT FOR INDIVIDUALS
6. UNDERSTANDING THE PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICES OF ASSESSMENT
7. PRINCIPLES OF ASSESSMENT IN LIFELONG LEARNING
The course is unit based and assessed using a variety of methods, including written assignments.
Guided learning hours include direct contact hours, as well as other time when learners are completing work that has been agreed with tutors.
The course is FREE, if you meet the LMC eligibility requirements. For further information, or to see if you qualify, please contact us.
All courses are held at our Campus:
London Metropolitan College
Premier House. 1 Canning Road , 2nd Floor
Middlesex- HA3 7TS
Tel: +44 (0) 208 427 0633
These courses are also available for eligable students at a number of partner institutions around the UK. These currently include:
Swift Training Centre
43 - 47 New Broadway
Ealing | London | W5 5AH
Tel: 020 8579 3134
Iftiin Learning Centre
195 Seven Sisters Road
Finsbury Park | London | N4 3NG
Tel: 020 7263 1947 | 07903 031 866
Community and Refugee Enlightening (CARE)
Gainsborough Tower Resource Centre
Northolt | Midd'x | UB5 5PF
Tel: 020 8841 5263 | 07958 348 864